Monday, February 14, 2011

The History of Blog's Name

       The “thE LiGhT bulb” embarks on when I told my brother about what will be his reaction or comment for “Autumn Iris”, my first option in naming my own blog. The “Autumn Iris” was taken from one of my favorite song Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls and the word Autumn was obtain from my very close friend who loves autumn even there is no season like that in our own country...

        At first I was bewildered and undecided about naming my blog the Autumn Iris, because I have no idea on what will I write or post to this kind of article, I have an insufficient knowledge on how will I expand and how to make the history of my blog’s name.

        I actually asked my brother about this. As he heard my reason on why I chose the Autumn Iris as the name of my blog, he promptly shouted me “What is that? So pangit!! I advice you to change it”, I was offended when he said that words. But actually, I was confused and worried on what will be my blog’s name. So I asked him again to suggest something cool, “I want it to be Janjan Pogi”. He joked. “Well, I guess you can name it Light Bulb for that”, he continued.

        “Yuck… so corny, tell me your point why you chose Light Bulb huh??” I said.

        “It was so obvious! Because light bulb symbolizes knowledge, don’t you get it? In various contests such as quiz bees, that sign was use by everybody. Very common…But really meaningful. How can you relate Autumn Iris when you are writing your knowledge and sharing your experiences to your blog?” he said.

        I guess he is really right. My blog’s name was cute, sound like I was so genius in terms of expressing my true feelings through writing. My blog is not only for the projects, but also for sharing various informations for the students that will help them. It is my conviction that there will be hundreds of followers when time goes by.

        I already thank my Kuya before I had post this article. He said that he was only joking that time and I already take it up seriously. Well, whatever he said, he helped me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment